Extreme Lights has partner with two teams for the Expedition Africa 2015:
Both of these teams will be using the XP Range of cycle lights for their night time cycling and navigation. TEAM Untamed will also be using the quickly-becoming-legendary XPh3A headlamps for their trekking.
Follow the teams on this EPIC ADVENTURE from 5 - 14 June 2015 on Kinetic Gear's live tracking website: www.kineticgear.org.
More info on the EXPEDITION AFRICA here:
- The expedition will cover approx. 500 km.
- Mountain biking 50% - 250 km.
- Trekking 30% - 150 km.
- Kayaking 20% - 100 km.
- More accurate distances of individual legs will be released at registration and at Expedition briefing.
- All teams should be able to finish before Saturday night prize giving 13 June.
- Mountain biking – teams should be prepared for a range of riding including single track, steep hills, gravel roads and sealed roads.
- Trekking – will involve traveling by foot through rugged and diverse terrain.
- Kayaking – kayaks will be provided by race organizers. Kayaking will be on inland rivers, lakes and white water. Generally kayaking will be permitted during both day and night. Dark zones will be enforced on white water sections. Details on white water grade and dark zones will be outlined as route scouting progresses.
- Orienteering – orienteering is an extremely important part of the race. The course is not marked and teams are required to navigate using maps.
- Swimming - teams might be required to cross rivers
- Canyoneering - teams need to be able to travel in canyons using a variety of techniques that may include other activities such as walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping and swimming.