Warranty, Returns & Refunds Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we’ll either exchange or replace it, or credit your account.
1. Returns within 30 days
You can return your purchase within 30 days of purchase. We want to make your online shopping experience hassle-free and fun.
To return an unwanted non-defective product, it must be:
- Returned within 30 days of the product(s) being purchased
- Undamaged and unused
- In the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition
You will have to carry the cost of returning the product to us.
Once we have received your returned product and it has been cleared by Extreme Lights After Sales Service, your account will be credited.
We reserve the right to refuse a return if products have been used, are returned damaged, or not in a saleable condition.
2. Returning defective or damaged products
If you have a defective product, and it is covered by the Extreme Lights Product Warranty, mentioned in Point 2 below, you have to:
- Call our support team on 021 886 5479 and describe the problem to them, or
- Send an email to [email protected], with
- a full description (pictures if available) of your problem, and
- Proof of Purchase
We have found that user error is often the cause of a product not functioning correctly, and a quick phone call is all that is needed to find a solution.
If we have confirmed that the product appears to be faulty and covered by the Extreme Lights Product Warranty:
- Return the entire contents of the product to us, with the proof of purchase. You are responsible for the cost of returning the product to us.
- Extreme Lights will evaluate the product upon receipt.
- If it is found to be faulty, we will repair or replace the product. We will send you the unit at our expense. If we do not carry stock of the product, we will credit or refund you, at our discretion.
- If it is found to be in good working order, we will return your product to you, at your expense.
2. Extreme Lights Product Warranty
Our products are warranted for different periods. Either 3, 12, or 60 months. Refer to the specific product for the warranty provided.
We warrant for a specific period* from purchase date and only to the original retail buyer (Buyer) that our products (Products) are free from defects in material and workmanship. If Buyer discovers a covered defect, Buyer should return the Product to the place of purchase. The Product will be repaired or replaced at our discretion. If we cannot repair or replace the unit, we will credit or refund you. That is the extent of our liability under this Warranty and, upon expiration of the applicable warranty period, all such liability shall terminate. We reserve the right to require proof of purchase for all warranty claims.
We do not warrant Products against normal wear and tear, unauthorized modifications or alterations, improper use, improper maintenance, accident, misuse, negligence (eg pulling your light or battery on its cable), damage (dropping your Product), or if the Product is used for a purpose for which it was not designed. Except for expressly stated in this Warranty, we shall not be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, or other types of damages arising out of, or resulting from the use of Product. This Warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
*Refer to the specific product for the Warranty Period
3. Charges and refunds policy
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with the product, we are entitled to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
Note that we only refund to the payment method that you orginally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by EFT or Cash will be refunded to your nominated bank account.
We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
We will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 13 above).
We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Extreme Lights is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- Extreme Lights undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
How can I prolong my battery life?
Avoid running the battery completely flat, rather charge it frequently. Unlike Nickel Cadmium that builds up a memory, Lithium-ion does not. This means Li-ion batteries can be recharged at any point.
We suggest that you charge the battery after use. If you plan to store the battery, make sure it is about 50% charged. The best for long term storage is not fully charged, but between 40% and 60%. This is indicated by Yellow or Blue on the battery indicator.
Following these guidelines will prolong your battery life.
How do I charge my battery?
Our chargers have an indicator light. When charging, the indicator light is red and when fully charged, it will be green. When a lithium-ion battery is fully charged, the charging process is stopped.
A Li-ion battery does not need to be pre-charged for more than 12h, this is a common myth. Upon purchasing your battery, there is no benefit in charging it initially for an extended period of time.
Never leave a charging battery unattended, and always place the battery on a non-flammable surface when charging.
What risks are there when using the lights?
- Night activities with lights are dangerous and require the user to be more careful than during the day, no matter how bright your light is. Rocks and obstacles are still hard and pose as much threat in the night as in the day.
- Li-ion batteries contain a very high level of power. It is possible for li-ion batteries to combust and cause injury or fire. It is the responsibility of the user to make sure that the batteries aren’t exposed to temperature above 25C, and do not take too much abuse.
- Never short circuit a Li-ion battery.
- High current drain >5A will result in heat build-up in the batteries. This can cause the batteries to combust and result in severe personal injury. The user takes responsibility and should be aware that it is very dangerous to subject the batteries to high current drains for extend periods of time
Fitment of a light bar for use on a public road is illegal, and it will result in your vehicle being deemed un-roadworthy. We intend our light bars for Off-Road and Commercial use only, please ensure that you adhere to the laws as Extreme Lights will carry no liability from any situations arising from an unlawful fitment. In addition there are South Africans who have expressed the opinion that you will most definitely be fined if you are utilizing Light Bars in Namibia.
Personal Injury or damages caused by using the equipment
The equipment itself can be dangerous if used without proper consideration. Exposing it to heat, damage or using it for extended periods of time may cause it to explode. It is the responsibility of the user to make sure that it is used in a safe way.
Extreme Lights or any person working with or for Extreme Lights cannot be held liable for any injury or damage caused by the improper or irresponsible use of the equipment.
What is your BEE status?
We are a Level Four B-BBEE Contributor. Our Affidavit is valid until 2 November 2017.
Download our BROAD-BASED BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT CERTIFICATE.
Orders & Returns
How do I place an Online Order?
1. Find the products you’d like to buy
Search for the product by typing in the product name in the search box. If you do not know the name, search the product categories for the desired product. Click on the product name, to view more information on the product.
2. Add to Cart
Found the products you’d liket to buy? Click on “Add to cart”. Once you’ve added an item to your Shopping Cart, keep searching until your cart contains all of the items you want to order. You can access the contents of your Shopping Cart at any time by clicking View Cart.
3. Check Out
- To enter checkout, click on Proceed to Checkout.
- Your product list will appear. Confirm that the products and numbers are correct. Select the products you wish to buy and click on the check-out button on the bottom right of the page.
- You will now be prompted to log in or register
- Type in a discount Coupon Code, if you have one.
- Select your delivery method and click on the continue button on the bottom right
- Select your delivery address or create a new delivery address.
- Select your payment method, and click on Place Order on the bottom right of the page
- Click on Proceed if you are ready to complete the payment process.
- A complete order summary will now display with all the details of your order. Please ensure that all information, including your delivery details are correct.
Can I order by telephone or email?
Yes, you can order by telephone or email. Our friendly staff will gladly assist you to determine which product will satisfy your need the most. They can also process your order, and email you an invoice.
Can we order online and collect?
When you order you can select Collection from our Offices as your delivery method. Once we’ve received your payment, your order will be packed and ready for collection from our offices.
Contact us for our office hours and address.
Methods of payment
1. Credit Card
Our website accepts the following credit and debit cards
All our card payments are 3D Secure. Unfortunately we cannot process a card transaction via telephone. We do this to protect our customers – and ourselves – from fraudulent transactions.
We do have a CC machine at the office where you can swipe your card to pay for your goods.
2. EFT – Electronic Funds Transfer
You can select EFT during the Checkout Process. When making your payment directly into our bank account please use your Order ID as the payment reference. Your order will not be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account. This may take up to 3 working days
Our Bank Details
- ACCOUNT NAME: Good Hope Imports (Pty) Ltd
- BANK NAME: Investec
- BANK CODE: 580105
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10011 880 484
To use a discount coupon, do the following:
- Add the items you’d like to purchase to your cart.
- When you View Cart, or Checkout, you can enter your Coupon Code in the relevant box. This will apply the discount amount or percentage to your cart value.
Free shipping and delivery options?
You can select to have orders delivered by means of Courier or you can select to collect your order from our offices in Stellenbosch.
- Shipping to major centras typically take 1 – 2 working days.
- Shipping to smaller centras typically take 3 – 5 working days.
- Shipping to outlying areas typically take 5 – 7 working days.
Extreme Lights offer free courier shipping to major centras on all orders over R1,000.
Make use of this offer the following way:
1. Select the items worth more than R1,000 you want to purchase on our Online Store
2. Proceed to Checkout
3. Fill in your Shipping Address
4. When prompted for your shipping method, select FREE Shipping to Major Centras.
It is that easy!
Terms & Conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Major Centras include:
- Cape Town
- Port Elizabeth
- East London
- Free shipping to Farms and Far/Out Locations do NOT apply.
A tracking / waybill number will be provide if available.
Are there any terms & conditions?
Prices and availability are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. The stock availability is only an indication and does not guarantee that a product is available. In the event that a product is purchased and the stock availability or pricing was incorrect, the order will either become a back order or cancelled. In the event that an order is cancelled store credit will be send of value of the purchase.
Only items that where bought from us and that are still in the original packaging will be eligible for a warranty claim. Proof of purchase is required on all returns.
The cost of return is for the client and we will not refund any transport costs. Note that the warranty only applies to manufacturer defects. If the units were tampered with, or used for other purposes, the warranty is void.
The Light Bars that we sell are intended for Off-Road or Commercial use only, we do not include a screening of intended use prior to purchasing as it is your responsibility to ensure that the law is upheld when the fitment is done. There are South Africans who have expressed the opinion that you will most definitely be fined if you are utilizing Light Bars in Namibia. Extreme Lights will carry no liability arising from improper fitment and we do not condone fitments which are unlawful.
When placing an order during checkout the following terms and conditions will be presented.
“By completing the checkout process and placing an order you agree to accept the following terms.
- Extreme Lights will do our best to fulfil your order but we reserve the right to cancel the order partially or in full at any time.
- If an order is not paid in full we reserve the right to hold the funds until the order is paid in full before dispatching.
- In the event that an order is cancelled after full or partial payment a handling fee of 10% will be charged for any refunds.
- Any return shipping charges will be for the customer’s account.
Errors and Omissions Wording
Neither Extreme Lights nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature arising from the use or inability to use this Website or the services or content provided from and through this Website. Furthermore, Extremelights makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to [email protected]
Extremelights shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Extremelights will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, but shall refund monies paid by you should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.