Inverter / UPS / Camping / Loadshed / Solar Lithium Battery (1kWh @ 12v)
That simply means this lithium battery replacement should last 10 times longer than the typical sealed lead acid (SLA) battery it is replacing.
Using large sealed lead acid batteries with a small inverter or UPS is especially troublesome, since they are not meant for regularly handling high current, and being discharged often or discharged too low. When they are frequently drained (like during load shedding), or placed under high load like a UPS or Inverter places on them, then they are internally damaged, and you will find that you need to replace them often.
Other advantages of these Lithium batteries are that there are no fumes, the self-discharge rate is only 3% per month (SLA will drain itself dead in 12 months), the batteries weight 9.4kg vs the 28kg average weight of a 12v 100Ah SLA battery, and they can be charged and discharged faster (at higher current).
This battery can directly replace a sealed lead acid 12v 100Ah battery in most applications (same size, same charging voltages) and is an upgrade in terms of how many cycles the battery can do (charged and discharged before needs replacing), but it is not exactly the same capacity. This is more directly equivalent to a 12v 80Ah battery in terms of capacity, but it is able to consistently deliver its full 1kWh available capacity, whereas the lead acid 12v 100Ah battery will degrade rapidly in capacity as it ages, or when under high load. See the capacity note below.
CAPACITY / RUNTIME : To calculate how long this battery can last in your application, lookup the load power of the device(s) it will be powering in Watts, then divide 1000W with that number. Example, a small inverter, with an average 300W load, can run from this battery for 3hrs 20min (1000 / 300 = 3.34).
IMPORTANT : These cannot be used to start or operate a vehicle. The BMS cannot handle the very high instant current requirement.
INVERTER APPLICATION NOTE: Each inverter has it's own charging parameters and these are not customizable in most cases, so the full capacity might not be usable. In most cases it means the battery will last even longer, since it is not fully drained, which is actually a good restriction.
Example of tested inverters:
- Mecer or Geewiz 720W 12v Inverter : The inverter can utilize about 750W of total 1kWh capacity. Thus a 250W load is recommended if want 3hrs runtime.
- RCT 2.4kw 24v Inverter : The battery parameters can be tweaked, so able to utilize full 1kWh capacity.
- Ultra safe lithium iron phosphate (LifePO4) cells
- Integrated battery management system (BMS)
- Light weight versus SLA equivalent
- Water and dust resistant (IP56)
- Highly durable sealed plastic enclosure
- Drop-in lead acid replacement (small UPS, inverter, solar battery, camping battery)
- Sealed and non-liquid (No fumes, no leaking, mount in any position)
- 1024 Wh @ C10 Usable capacity
- 12.8 VDC Nominal Voltage
- Operating Voltage Range : 11.6 VDC to 14.4VDC
- Operating Temp Range : Charge: 0°C to 45°C | Discharge: -10°C to 55°C
- Protection : Over-voltage | Under-voltage | Short circuit | Dust and water resistant
- Lifespan : More than 80% usable capacity after 2000 cycles
- Dimensions : 330 x 175 x 230 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight : 9.4kg
Charging / Discharging :
- Bulk Charging Voltage : 14.4 VDC
- Float Charging Voltage : 13.7 VDC
- Charge Current : Max 80A
- Discharge Voltage Minimum : 11.6v
- Under-voltage Cut-out : 10.6 VDC
- Over-voltage Cut-out : 14.6 VDC
- Discharge Current : 8A for 10hrs | 12.5A for 6hrs | 20A for 4hrs | Max 80A burst
- Self-discharge rate : < 3% per month
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Does the same charger suffice, or is there an updated charger available?
This battery can directly replace a sealed lead acid 12v 7Ah battery (same size, same charging voltages) and is an upgrade in terms of how many cycles the battery can do (how many times can be used before it needs replacing). It is a drop in replacement. In other words you only swap out the battery.